Accent marks, diacritics and other special characters, right where they should be...
at your fingertips!
keyxpat is the first software that solves in a new and efficient way this famous problem under Windows:
“how to type a specific language's diacritics on a US qwerty or foreign keyboard?”
Released on September 21, 2017
- fixThe desired character is now correctly inserted at the caret when you type more or less at the same speed than the metronome (i.e. you type the next character while hearing the desired sound of the metronome but before releasing the key that had to generate the desired replacing character).
Released on December 15, 2016
- newThe language selection is now saved in the registry and restored when keyxpat is started.
Released on March 9, 2016
- fixTrying to generate an e acute under a Microsoft software like Word or Outlook was instead generating an Euro sign when the user was using the "UK extended" layout keyboard.
Released on December 11, 2015
- newPossibility to set a global hotkey in the preferences to enable/disable keyxpat. It's convenient when you forgot to disable keyxpat while playing a full screen game for instance, or when needing to keep a key pressed a long time to get several instances of the character.
- newPortuguese configuration has been added.
Released on January 2, 2014
- newA checkbox has been added in the preferences dialog to enable keyxpat to auto-start when the user logs in.
Released on October 27, 2013
- fixDead keys (allowing to type the "^" accent and then an "e" for instance on a french keyboard) were not working anymore when keyxpat was running.
- fixIt was not possible to run keyxpat concurrently on different windows user sessions.
Released on October 25, 2013
- newLanguages are sorted alphabetically in the contextual menu
- newItalian, german and spanish configurations have been added
- fixFixed an issue under Windows XP where it was impossible to shutdown the computer (shutdown, restart or logoff) if the keyxpat About window had been displayed.
Released on August 7, 2013